Friday, December 02, 2005

Back on track

So, today, I'm done painting for V. I would like to do more, and I'm sure she'd like me to, but I have to start studying again for the bar exam. Sad but true.

Last night I went to Portland Organic Wrestling for the first time in ages. It was lots of fun. I need to get out my aggression other than on Steve. Last night the referee was a guy that is always a spoil-sport. So, I made it a point to get him as wet as possible with my Pabst. The strategy was to position myself so that he was behind one of the wrestlers, then look as though I was aiming at the wrestler, and overshoot. It was pretty funny until he became a crybaby, and dropped his glasses and wiped his eyes and acted like the beer hurt him. I think he shouldn't be the referee ever again. Or he will be wet again. And I didn't get in trouble at the Bar of the Gods this time. In fact, I actually had a pleasant and stress-less visit there.

The best part of the night though was getting our picture taken on the way home.

Today, then, I finished painting, and went and got more and thicker chains for the downspouts. I replaced a section in the front that needed it, but was missing one end piece that I'll get tomorrow. The chains are up, and look lovely, and since it is raining, I know they actually work too.

I spiffed up the front yard a bit, making a second rock wall, 2 stones high (about 8 inches) to serve as a border for a front garden space. It looks pretty nice. I also placed more flagstones in the front area to make it look a little more finished. I tried to take pictures, but it is now too dark outside.

So, this weekend, we might just go skiing, which I'm pretty excited about. For now, I need to eat a bit and shower, cuz tonight is date night! Yeay!

No comments: