Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hello folks

An update for everyone:

Saturday last: I CREAMED all at poker. We were playing no-limit Texas Hold'Em. Usually there are about 5-6 people at the table, but this week, was the hostess' birthday. There were 12 people playing, until I decimated every, single, last one of them. I normally dislike going to play poker, there is something creepy about it, besides the fact that I always lose, early, and a lot of money. This time however, was the magic one. A combination of wonderful luck in the form of great hands (straights, full houses, and three-of-a-kinds were plentiful), and finally understanding how to read people (especially after they became drunk). It was wonderful. Though I should likely have won earlier, the same cause of that mistake was the one that caught the straight that allowed me to win the whole shebang. Thanks Crap.

Sunday: hungover for a great part of the day, but up at noon to buy some cross-country ski boots (afforded by poker winnings and a generous discount by an employee that gave me the "former roommate" discount), and off to Mt. Hood for my first-ever skiing experience. It was wonderful. I really like it, though going downhill is a bit scary, I've learned a few things, and the snow was at least 4 feet deep, all powder. I'm so gonna say "Dude, I telemark" soon.

Monday: yeay, time to start studying for the bar again. I organized and then headed off to PCC's library for orientation. I found the library entrance (harder to find than you'd think), and got situated.

Tuesday: up with the Tater and off to PCC to study all day long. Well, at least until 4:00, when I headed home, to wait for a friend to pick me up and take me to a company Christmas party. Since I still was working for Multnomah County during this year, I went (I missed last year's party). It was fun. Everyone was very nice and entertaining and I was able to be a nerd and talk about ITAX and Measure 37 and prisoners escaping by tying sheets together (really). It was especially nice to know that everyone still remembered and liked me and were still willing to recommend me when I apply for jobs. Even better was the support. It has been long enough that it doesn't sting quite so much when I have to say that I didn't pass the bar and have to study for it again. It was still a bit embarrassing, but everyone was understanding and supportive and several admitted to having taken it twice too.

So, that's what's happened in the past few days. I'm off to relax and get ready for tomorrow.

No comments: