Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Howdy

I have a pretty good job lead. Two people that I worked with at my former firm work there and have expressed their encouragement to apply for a position. One knows the hiring attorney pretty well. So, my mission today is to revamp my cover letter and resume to reflect my talents and experience. Construction defect, some personal injury. It's gonna be a job. Not the dream. I know I should not do it, but then again, in this economy, that industry is booming. It will be hard, with billable hour requirements, but I figure even if I can only hack it for a short time, I will have a lot more income than I pull in now on unemployment. It has people working there I already know and like. And it will get me out of the house.

I talked to the former partners and they are willing to take all the cases and let me out of this business venture. I thought that would be the hard part, but it went pretty well. Now I have to call all the clients and see what they want to do. I hope not roast me over an open fire. I think I am going to send out a letter and then call them.

So, on to the next phase of this crazy life.

No comments: