Wednesday, April 12, 2006

officially

I've dropped off my application for law clerk to the Supreme Court of Palau. When I applied for law school (a lovely process in itself), I scoffed at attending Hawaii law school. I figured no one would take me seriously if my degree was from there. In my old age, I am learning that that sort of thing is not at all important. Instead, I would like to take every opportunity to enjoy my existance here on this planet. So, Palau:

"Palau offers you the world's most beautiful tropical paradise. Famous for its diving, Palau is rated as one of the world's best diving destinations by scuba aficionados. And why not...Palau has unspoiled reefs, caves, and walls with the most amazing array of marine life you can ever imagine.

Palau beckons to you with some of the world's most awesome natural wonders. Imagine the whitest beaches you will ever see, gardens of coral just beneath the clearest waters, lakes filled to the brim with "sting less" jellyfish. Forests, waterfalls and caves that have never been ravaged by man, and hundreds of islands of the purest beauty abound all along our pristine archipelago.

Experience the wonders of Palau... the Rainbow's End."

Long shot, but I emphasized my ability to adapt to new surroundings and love of travel. We'll see how that goes.

On a related note, I woke this morning, for the first time in over a year, wishing that I had a job to go to. I worked on my cover letter, resume and writing sample, gathered some references and sent out the first application. Good for me. That is something that I can feel good about no matter the results of the bar exam (which come out tomorrow at 2:00). I was mistaken about them coming out on tax day. Alas, my outlook is less optimistic without the tax gods on my side. Like last time, when I saw my first whale the day I found out I didn't pass, my prospects for a happy life are still rather good. Palau, here I come. I will, however have to learn how to scuba dive, and therefore love the water. But that will be my mission. To overcome another fear in my life.

In the meantime, I'll be cranking out cover letters all over town, and hopefully the world.

In news of other fears, no contacts today. I've received news that the solution my doctor gave me is the very kind that they are pulling off the shelves for potentially causing eye infections. That would be Bausch and Lomb MoistureLoc. Now, I've had a cold for a week, and the contacts are new and I'm not used to them, but I seem to have all the symptoms of this ailment. So, glasses until I can get new solution. Arrgh. Hope for no infection.

All else is well. I try to be nice by not beating up annoying scientists, and they in turn cower under my wrath. Lesson: get out of your bubble so that you can communicate with the world. I'm a nice girl, until you target me or my friends. Not a good idea when I have some men with powerful guns on my side. Yes, a new incident. I'm so tired of being fucked with by the world, I swear, the next person who messes with me will end up breaking my hand on their face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try the wall drill first so at least if you break your hand you will know that you have also broken their face and not just enraged them.

thugwithyoyo said...

Palau sounds great. I too, would like to live in a tropical paradise that has never been ravaged by man. Do you have any idea if there's a biophysics department in Palau? If so, I'm so there (and so swiming with the stingless Jellyfish).

That superSUX about your possible infection woes.

I am also tired of being farked with. While your frustration stems from those annoying corposcientist types, the source of mine is my calculating, unscrupulous yet "innocently incompetant" insurance company. Fark 'em ten times! My dad spouts off about "them liberal judges in the Supreme Court" as the cause of the world's problems, but then my dad can be retarded at times.

I'll be praying some athiest prayers for your favorable bar exam results tomorrow.