Thursday, May 25, 2006

I hate Kaiser

Horrible experience at Kaiser yesterday. It entailed this: three symptoms described to the triage nurse. Two hours later, a "Dr." visit, who told me my pee was normal and that they wanted to run other tests. She also felt my belly, but didn't allow me to describe my symptoms fully. Then three hours of extreme pain and sweating and extreme cold later, I was abruptly told I was discharged. I didn't have to wait for the lab results. Huh? So I started balling because I was by then in such a state of pain and suffering that I couldn't even yell, "then why the hell have I been rotting here for three hours with no one even checking on me?"

Really lame. I'm still in a LOT of pain, told to take in fluids and tylenol. Well, when my liver fails because of the massive amounts of tylenol I've been taking, that'll show them. I'm not even convinced they'll call back with the results. So, I guess I'll call them later today and tell them the rest of the story that they wouldn't listen to yesterday. I am not going back there, however, ever. I suggest you do not either, unless you cannot help it.

Worse yet, I do not know what is wrong with me. And today means I've had a low-grade fever and aches, chills and pain for an entire week.

Further insult, they tested for mono. But I found out today that no one has ever had mono twice. I definitely had mono back in 1998. Had they been thorough, I would have been saved the expense of that test.

Even better, I have a migraine that has not left my head for two days. So now I'm taking overdoses of ibuprofen AND tylenol. WHAM-BAM! Sorry liver.

And all I really want to do is get my job apps out the door. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

3 comments:

Red Storm said...

Sorry to hear about your bad Kaiser experience. It happens all too often. Check out my own at:
http://redstormrisen.blogspot.com/

Red Storm

thugwithyoyo said...

Oh my God, I'm sure you know my opinions about doctors, and your Kaiser experience is further evidence toward my views. They didn't do they're job, they totally failed you in everyway they possibly could have, yet they still get to dictate to you how much you have to pay them for their brilliance.

thugwithyoyo said...

Oh my God, I'm sure you know my opinions about doctors, and your Kaiser experience is further evidence toward my views. They didn't do their job, they totally failed you in everyway they possibly could have, yet they still get to dictate to you how much you have to pay them for their brilliance. I want their job.