Tuesday, May 30, 2006

odds and ends

As you see, I'm making hiking number one priority of the summer. I want to see it all and get out there every chance that I can. And get in shape.

So, I'm gonna keep a record of my hikes. Sadly, we didn't bring the camera, or the water purification stuff, or puppa's harness or other things we needed. It was the trial hike to iron out the kinks. Next time will again have mistakes, then we'll have it all ironed out. My motivation is to climb Mt. Adams this year. I know that it isn't that tough a climb (likely only two days of backpacking), but I'm not climbing anything that requires an oxygen mask or has frostbite as a potential side effect.

If you have time, watch "Match Point", Woody Allen's latest. It was one of the best movies I've seen in hella long time. Also, watch or rewatch "King Kong." Fabulous flicks. "Brokeback Mountain" was quite good, makes me feel hopeful for the world and optimistic for the kids out there that may feel less strange by having watched it.

Read "Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini, and "Bizarro" comics (at least the one with the Matt Groening cover). Also read "The Riddle of the Traveling Skull" by Harry Stephen Keller, out in a lovely McSweeney's binding. Pretty book and a great mystery/detective novel. You'll never guess whodunnit.

Health update: I feel much better (I did go for a hike yesterday). I'm coursing through some antibiotics (Cipro) and I think that really is doing the trick. I still have a rather efficient digestive system, but the fever and chills and aches and pains and lethargy are all gone. Yeay. Still here are likely a ton of medical bills. Crapola.

New goal: trying to eliminate high fructose corn syrup. You could say that, and hiking is my new diet fad.

Lots of other bills too, so on to my second priority of the moment, findin' a job.

No comments: