Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hiatus

This will be my last posting for a long time. I might update randomly from the road, but will likely be nowhere near an internet or phone connection. Sorry dear readers, but please look for me again after September 25th. Hopefully I will be happy, healthy and in good spirits upon my return. I will also have an answer about the pesky bar exam results (only a few more days. I like to practice not seeing my name on the list by looking at the old lists.). Either way I should have a bit more direction for my life when I get back. In the meantime, follow my links, they are where I get most of the funny things I find on the internet.

So, I'm heading to Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. We have squared away Fife's health certificate and the cats' nanny. We do still have to gather our belongings however, and I will be very busy taking care of loose ends today, as we'll be leaving tomorrow morning, hopefully to be near or on the island before nightfall. Lots of photos when I get back.

Update: Our first Kickball game was fantastic! We started out poorly, giving up 4 runs in the first inning (we were playing the summer champions). However, we then got our defense tightened up like the sphincter the other team was and started shutting out their innings. Then we made a run. They only made two other runs after that. So it was 6-1, but the best loss I've ever experienced. Going into the game, it was assumed we'd be trounced. There was even worry that we'd have to be given runs to keep the game going (only a 10 run deficit is allowed). WE DID IT! Seriously, props to Crap for organizing, and to the whole team for being such incredible players. Well done. We have to practice, but at least now we know what we have to do to get better.

FSM on Wikipedia is back!

1 comment:

thugwithyoyo said...

Congrats on the Liger's non-win yet-far-from-being-trounced result in kickball.

I'm sad to learn that you'll not be updating for a while. Enjoy Vancouver BC though... Jane and I did. Sounds like you were able to find a cat sitter.