Monday, September 26, 2005

A rocky start

To what will be a rocky week I'm sure.

First, the back neighbor's dog will not stop barking. The dog has never been walked, nor paid any attention except for the 30 seconds twice a day it takes to (I hope and assume) feed and water the dog. He is a 2 year old Rottweiler, horribly neglected and last night barked incessantly through the entire night. It was so bad that I called the police. They can't do anything. Animal control handles these matters. Sadly, animal control has a process where you have to talk to the neighbor and gather neighborhood signatures and a bunch of other bureaucratic crap. The law (HA!) states that a dog may bark for no more than 10 continuous minutes or 30 intermittent minutes (both honestly, a bit low). So we're gonna have to send them a letter, as they have a chain link fence in the their front yard that I will not cross, because though I've had my tetanus shot in the last ten years, I don't want cholera or something likewise. The only other option would be to call in my peeps at Multnomah County and try to talk to one of the officers that remember me handling their legal issues and see if they will help me out. That dog really needs to be taken away from them.

Second, at 8:00 this morning (promptly when quiet time ends - just like a campground), the neighbors (formerly unoffending, except for the crack party that went until 6:00 AM without an invite) decided to use a drill right next to my bedroom window to begin prep work for installing more insulation. I laid in bed a bit longer until going to the bathroom where I forgot that people might be on the neighbor's roof, and as I finished up bizness, I looked up to see two burly men looking into my window. Lovely.

That's all for now. On a better note, boy is back in town. Three weeks in close quarters was a bit much, but a weekend away was just enough to cure any ills. All is well again, and love is in the air. Today, I'll be on the internet for legitimate reasons. I gots to find me a gig. Any leads on a job for a enterprising law school graduate with personality, heart, and a penchant for anal attention to detail will be considered.

And props to visit huge-entity.com for helping me out on the Flickr map process. I was too impatient to wait for a response to my plea for help, but he was there with exactly what I needed to complete the job. If I would just not be so stubborn, life would likely be a hella lot easier. Now I just want a cool button and an easy way for others to link to it. But not today.

1 comment:

thugwithyoyo said...

No... sorry I know of no job leads for lawyers. Frankly, I don't even know how lawyers go about looking for jobs. I assume it's like what Tom Cruise went through in "The Firm" - complete with background piano music.

It seems as though this incident is like the tenth time some random contractor has taken a gander at you through your window. Like, didn't that happen to you earlier this year when you were studying for your law finals or something?