Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Football


So, I want to try out for a full contact women's professional football team. Wouldn't that be fun? And a great use of a law degree. So the tryouts are November 13th and December 10th.

Our uniforms are purple. Ouch, that white girl is BIG!

They will score one on the following skills:
vertical leap, 40-yard dash, 800-yard run, shuttle drill and the maximum of sit-ups and push-ups in one minute.

I know that my success in qualifying for a professional football team is unlikely, especially in 11 days. But it would be a good excuse for getting in shape. So, I want to do the above activities. Any hints on the training I should undergo to get those down? Here are my theories: situps, pushups, and running several miles a day, including some sprinting. What is a shuttle drill? And how do I increase my verticle leap? This should be fun.

No comments: