Friday, November 18, 2005

hey hey, boo bops

I've found two gems today on the internet today:

1. Beck's video for "Hell, yes" has dancing robots. If you like robots too, look at robot zen.

2. www.phoneswarm.com, a website that posts the phone numbers of pay phones around the country. One calls and tries to get someone at the reststop to answer. Seems like a funny idea that might just take off. I enjoyed reading what they have so far.

So, life is simple in my household.

I'm looking for a real job, one in the field of law, or at least something to do with the millions of dollars that I've spent on higher, higher education. One with some security, some future and a decent salary. That's all. Oh, and I would like to work with intelligent, dedicated people that are fun and interesting.

I'm still debating taking the bar exam again. I would like to, but I'm not really sure if I can afford to. I have until Dec. 31 to get my application in, so I just need to determine what I really want to do. I guess it will depend on getting a job. Regardless, I'm going to seriously start studying for the bar on Dec. 1.

I just put a 22 lb. turkey into the oven. We'll be sick of turkey before Thanksgiving, but I'm not terribly sad about that. I love turkey and it's fixin's and can barely wait.

Here's something for my wishlist: Logitech® Wireless Headphones for iPod

I'm off for now, time to start making mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, etc. I think I'll never forget last year's Thanksgiving. It was the first time I hosted it, and all was from scratch. It was lovely, except I couldn't enjoy it properly because I was drunk on eggnog by the time we sat down. This year, I'll be drunk and have already enjoyed the bird with the proper relish.

2 comments:

Scriptsaurus said...

I wouldn't put relish on the turkey, however i DO recommend habanero hot sauce. Sueeet! Perhaps habanero relish?

jkf said...

I should have put some of that jalapeno powder in the rub. I am the ultimate turkey cooker. And S's stuffing is excellent. We sure could use some help eating all that crap though.