Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Here's what not to do:

Sleep only 5 hours,
get up at 7:00 A.M.,
play two games of kickball (3 hours) in the rain,
and get completely soaked.

Then, do NOT proceed to:
eat only one meal of two pieces of pizza,
drink copious amounts of alcohol,
run around town in more rain,
scream your lungs out at the tournament finals,
drink more, but don't eat anything else
and dance and drink all night long.

If you do, you will first lose your voice, which is funny and seemingly a badge of spirit honor. But then, you will become ill, very, very ill. Your throat will hurt like it hasn't since you were 7 years old (which I remember oh, so clearly).

I've slept several times as many minutes as I've been awake in the past few days. This morning I've been up for 1.5 hours. I'm now going back to bed for the rest of the day. Hopefully, all will be better tomorrow. I just want to be able to swallow again.

No comments: