Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving all

A busy weekend in this house. We've taken the plunge and are building a rock wall. I have photos, but am currently too lazy to post them. Besides there is currently a break in the rain and as soon as we eat our cheddar hot dogs which are laced with mexi-velveeta and wrapped with pop-can croissants, we'll be back at lifting the 80+ lb rocks. They are heavy. What really sucks is that by the time people get back to town and are able to help, all the heaviest lifting will be done. Damn!

The bathroom project was finished last week. New toilet seat took about 5 minutes, and the new tub fixture took about 15 hours. I now am rather well-versed in the ways to plumb. Which is kinda too bad, because I would have liked to hire that hottie plumber I met at V's house. But finishing the project was a matter of pride to me, and when pride is an issue, I'm all about doing whatever I have to do to get the job done.

Turkey was last week, and we've purchased lots of snack food for this weekend, brie, bread, olives, prosuitto, and the above mentioned velveeta. A yummy food weekend. And the best part: no dinner stress.

No comments: