Sunday, August 13, 2006

Best movie ever!

Granted, I had several glasses of wine before and during the viewing of this movie, but I was fully entertained, laughed out loud and was pretty impressed with this movie:

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)

Other news: well, currently surviving a weekend with the in-laws. Not too bad, but I just have to make sure not to spend too much of any one day with the whole group. I have the house to myself now because I turned down a trip to the coast. That was extremely difficult to do, but I know it would just have been too stressful.

I needed some time to regroup before another long work week. Last week, I'm pretty sure was the longest in history. Between being humilated in a meeting by bobble head, and having a project taken away from me, then quietly handed back by the same bobble head, I now have her on my permanent shit list and am just waiting for some payback served icy cold. Computer was down most of the week, meaning I couldn't access the network (where everything I need is). Ended up getting a new CPU, which sounds nice except for the fact that I had to spend a day getting it back to the way I want it.

But Friday ended nicely, with the finishing of two rush projects to impress and amaze some senior members of the crew, and two big ones for this week, with imminent deadlines. I like it when there is a lot of pressure, makes me actually give a shit.

I should do some reading of transcripts today, but might just continue the shopping I started yesterday. Tip: if you spend more than $200 at Ralph Lauren outlet in Woodburn, and have AAA, you get a 15% discount. NICE. Interestingly enough, I found NO clothes at Banana Republic, but tons of stuff at RL. Either they just have my style, or I want to be a polo player, I'm not sure, but I've found some great work clothes. I do hate shopping when things don't go well (stay away from Jantzen Beach).

No comments: