Monday, August 14, 2006

good day

Today I was tested, in a couple of ways, and I prevailed. It was lovely.

First, I was given an assignment to tease a co-worker with a particularly difficult case. I came out of it with the label of "straight shooter" because I wouldn't complete the practical joke and be mean. I think I won that one.

Later, I was tested on my ability to stand up for what I thought was right. I argued a legal point and could feel that I was being probed for whether I would fight back or fold. Well, I certainly like to argue, so I was off. Later, I was worried for a while, because I again had taken the high road and wasn't sure if my rep as the "straight shooter" was gonna be good for the down and dirty legal field I'm in. (I started thinking again about that career in the IRS.) But the instigator came to me later and commended me on my skills and encouraged me to continue. That's the way to respect, he said.

In addition, BH took back her project. But not before I humilated her in the aforementioned argument. I'm done with it. Thank goodness, and will refuse to do more than listen to her attempts at argument.

In the meantime, I have two new ones, both due stat. Exciting stuff, endlessly proving myself is exhilariting and nerve-wracking, but today I won.

And it was good.

Besides, I have the house to myself again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUNKALICIOUS

Anonymous said...

Does BH stand for Bitchy Hater?

Sounds like.

Ah the world of work is not so much fun as a day on the picnic tables under the sky bridge somehow.

I loves you,

aubrey