Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The big leap

I just wrote and lost a long post. So, you get the brief version.

1. Jumped off of a cliff on Sunday. I'm not telling you where. It's mine. All mine. I shot a video of Steve going off, and he got a pic of me flailing about. I was scared and it took a long time to work up the courage. Earlier in the day, I jumped off my first cliff and it was about 2 feet. That was scary. If you don't know, I've been deathly afraid of water since 8th grade. But I'm getting much better. Anyway, enjoy.

the big leap 019 Also titled, HOLY BIG ASS BATMAN!

2. Sam went to Riley's Bay. That's where I lived before I came to Portland. It ruled, and I didn't take proper advantage of it. It instead made me appreciate rest. Which was good. I healed there.

3. Work is just fine. I made it to the company picnic on Saturday, even though I was so hungover I could barely walk. I'm too old for Vodka. There was a highschool reunion on Friday night. Not mine, we crashed. It was fun, and weird. I almost decked a man for thinking that I couldn't remotely hope to understand what it is like to come out of the closet. Hell I've done it coming out and going back in. What?

4. Work is better, but just as demanding. I'm figuring things out, so now the pressure is mostly to be intelligent, rather than understand the way things are organized and being frustrated about that.

5. Watching "the prisoner." I'm too lazy to link, ask Nightsoil or Crapartist. I'm not even linking them. It is bad and really good at the same time. I've only seen the first episode, so don't give anything away in the comments.

6. Thomas Crown affair. The original. I can't recommend watching it. It is pretty bad. The music and editing are poo. But you have Steve McQueen and a very hot Faye Dunaway. They have amazing chemistry. Makes you want to snuggle right in between them and see what would happen. Bad movie, but lovely parts. I won't watch it again, but I didn't regret it either.

7. Someday I'll read a book again. In the meantime, the last book club selection was a Superman coloring book, my pick.

8. I work 10 hours a day. I'm tired.

9. Here's the video already. Soon to come: pics of my leap, and Sam's first sail.



It's a LOT taller at the top.

5 comments:

great sandwich! said...

sweet. be seeing you.

jkf said...

be seeing YOU

thugwithyoyo said...

Hey jkf. I'm sure them lawyer types do expect to pimp out some serious intelligence from their junior members.

In science, we're supposed to exude omniscience and competence at all times. But I've come to believe that at the time it's just bullhockey. So I try to be genuine and when I don't know my ass from my elbow, I'm not above saying: "I don't get it, please enlighten me."

Anonymous said...

The Thomas Crown Affair was mentioned in an article I read today... okay, it really wasnt an article, but for the sake of brevity I'll call it such... because of the person who referred to it, I would like to see it.

Now I have to wonder if he was talking about the original one. Hrm.

jkf said...

I've seen the new one too, a few years ago. Pierce Brosnan is great for the roll, and it is a hollywood fast-paced caper. Good entertainment value. As is the old one, but very a different feel to each. Different times/technology.