Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Why so long?

I always have a block on doing routine things. That is, until I have even more important things to do.

Today, I have a load of papers and work to do for school. At the same time, I needed to turn in my bar application, and go to DEQ so I can get my registration renewed so I can drive without worrying. The bar application and fingerprinting went well, then I went to the DEQ, there everything also went well except for the horrid conversation I had to endure from the driver behind me, while I waited for the testing to finish. That was a hour and a half.

Further, they couldn't renew my registration, so I had to go to the scariest DMV that I have ever experienced. North Portland, a diamond in the rough. It was scary because of the exposure I normally am able to avoid, that of the white trash mothers. Today it was with three of the dirtiest, most underdressed children and their lovely mom and dad who repeatedly threatened the rambunctious youngsters with physical violence. One could tell the oldest, sitting ever so quietly, had already had his spirit crushed, while the girl was being worked on, and the youngest still not tamed, and thus running around annoying the hell out of everyone. I hate people. That was another hour of my life, but I am now driving legal.

Sweet, except the day is waning and I still have a hella lot to do.

No comments: