Thursday, June 09, 2005

How is it?

That I can fall asleep at the mere mention of "Convisor Mini Review" and yet, when I read a novel, even Kafka's "Amerika" I can be alert and persistent for hours. (I'm not saying anything bad about Kafka, I do love him dearly, however I assumed it would put me to sleep in a pleasant manner though dense manner. That's why I love him, just beautiful.) Seriously, I would look for some prescription uppers, may have to soon, caffine isn't working so well anymore.

Had a bit of a breakdown today. I'm really tired of this shit and my stamina is wearing thin. I snapped in a very crazy lady manner because S had one friend over. I don't care that people have fun when I have to work, I'm used to it from law school.

It's kinda like when I was young, and I had to clean the entire house. Nothing, absolutely nothing irritated me more than my little brother sitting in the same room and either playing video games or even just doing nothing. I didn't snap because I didn't want him to be happy, I just can't stand the happiness of others when I am so miserable. I would rather just not be in the same space. Is that terrible? I am not sure, but I really cannot help it.

I was genuinely happy for the friend's last day of class, yet I was so angry about what I had to do, and getting so little done that I just had to distance myself. And then I'm even more angry because the easiest, most logical solution would be for me to really stay at the library for 11 hours a day, but that truly seems cruel and unusual punishment. I like being at home. I just get less done and feel hella shitty about it. So, I read a novel today. Oh well. I'll figure this out, likely just as it is about to be over. I'm postive again, but frustrated, mostly at myself taking this out on others. I'm not attentive to my friend's needs anymore. I promise people, there will be a day when I have a job just like everyone else and I can enjoy my time.

6 comments:

thugwithyoyo said...

1) You read an entire NOVEL in a day! I think I've only been able to do that once in my entire life.

2) "I can relate" to your others-having-fun-in-front-of-you-while-you're-stuck-working-woes. My roomate in college managed to do near perfectly in most of his classes w/out studying at all. A typical physics problem set took me, on average, 8 hours to complete. His playing the computer game "civilization" every afternoon and evening while I toiled beside him really took it's toll on our friendship. I resented him for it and I began to spend most of my time at the library.

Scriptsaurus said...

I understand completely sweetheart. You'll get thorough it soon enough and then you'll have a more normal existence. I want to be able to help not hinder.

This is going to earn me some reprisals but I'll say it anyway: I highly recommend quitting smoking. I hear ya if you say "I can't do that on top of this other stressful shit", but really you should say "I shouldn't smoke cigarettes on top of this...". It will take ~1-week to be trully rid of it, but then you'll have much better concentration and stamina, and you'll find that your emotions will be much more stable too. Trust me, I've quit a zillion times and know what I'm talking about ;).
The trick will be to get Tater to do the same. Also, I recommend no-doze instead of coffee. It packs a better punch.

jkf said...

I was just thinking about no-doze...think that will be much more effective. I'm also trying to reschedule (the 12th time in 7 days), but that since I have to wake up so damn early, and am only effective at night, I'll just write off the whole afternoon and do things as I do them best. Trying to conform to "normal" people study times is not working for me at all.

I'll consider the quitting smoking. hmmmmm. That's a tough one.

jkf said...

By the way, you do help a lot by keeping me sane, and the boy occupied. My major problem is myself and letting me be overrun by the stress and not realizing my limits for handling it. It's the same every damn time, yet I just hate it so much.

I'll try harder, not to study, but to balance.

Scriptsaurus said...

Very good then.

Anonymous said...

That is the best justification for smoking that i have ever heard. "I have ADD and therefore i must smoke." I love it!