Wednesday, June 01, 2005

well, well

My lone seamonkey is still alive. I took Meg's advice and looked up some PH information on the interweb. I found a recipe for common brine shrimp, mixed up some water and salt and added the mixture to the remaining toilet water/original mix, and assumed the worst. Well, he has remained alive, though an interesting shade of red. I also just located a new baby seamonkey that decided to hatch. So there is hope.

My life is currently rather boring. I have class at 9:00 every morning, and now that I am carpooling, leave at 8:15, which means I actually get there on time. Class is boring, but rather motivating as I get to see how little I actually know. Likely I will have to commence typing to get my notes organized into outlines. As I have so far been slacking on the homework, I must start with the practice tests and learning the substantive information. SO much to learn, so little time, and I still just want to take a nap. If I can just figure a way to take a really short nap and still be motivated to get work done, that is the ticket.

I ran the other day. It was lovely, and hard and nice to feel the burn the next day. I also went canoeing on Monday, which was fun though a bit of an ordeal, as it is tough to coordinate the strokes. I also skateboarded twice last weekend and only fell that once, my knee is much better after a reluctant ice and rest treatment. Very little bruising. So, life isn't so bad, just filled with dread and apprehension because I'm not doing what I should to prepare for the bar. Oh well, that is certainly nothing new.

Graduation was wonderful, with Erin B. giving a nice, humble and inspiring speech. I know that I may not be brilliant, but just sticking to something is what it is all about. I still wish I was brilliant. My diploma is framed and hanging above the TV in the living room. I like to look at it. I'm rather proud of having accomplished graduating. Though a bit silly, I don't care if others can take it for granted that they would have graduated. For me, it was a major life accomplishment and I'll display my diploma and use J.D. after my name all I want. It's mine, bitches. I haven't been handed shit in my life and my struggle I will note as I wish.

The Dean's speech at the end of commencement was LAME! I was baking in my black robes and was dying to pee, not paying attention when I heard something to the gist of, "Dare I say, slavery was not the most proud moment of our country." Hell no it wasn't. Damn. He drolled on about how horrible the world is and how great we have it. Not at all inspiring. Neither was the best grade getter's speech. Thank god for Erin B. and her jokes about her boobs, though I could have done a bit less with the movie references, though I guess that is what most people want.

Well, back to work.

3 comments:

great sandwich! said...

my step mom was furious about the dean's speech. "how can anyone talk about the rule of law in a country that still has the death penalty? this country is filled with barbarians."

jkf said...

Your step mum RULEZ! That's funny and hella right on. It was a damn stupid speech, right before we were all supposed to cheer and be happy.

thugwithyoyo said...

Sheeeit... I'd poop my pants if I earned a law degree. The intricacies of anything that one cannot derive from simple first principles, (i.e. the justification and implication of most laws) is literally IMPOSSIBLE for me to learn. Your pride is certainly justified. [Hey that rhymed! I'm a poet and don't know it...HAR] Also, that's great you're "able" to resume some enjoyable activities in your new post doc lifestyle.