Monday, June 13, 2005

Survey

To settle a domestic dispute:

Who thinks it is creepy for guests to sleep in your bed?

With the following details:
1. You have a guest bed upstairs (no problem for most people).
2. The guests in your house (who cannot sleep upstairs) have plenty of cash for a hotel.

This concerns two sets of people, neither ( a single person, and a couple) with the excuse of cat allergies to get them out of sleeping upstairs.

Disclaimer: I have slept in other's beds, so I'm a hypocrite. However, I only do so when my host insists. I would much rather sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor, because I do not mind. Maybe I'm too considerate. Or maybe others just are not. Still the question remains.

5 comments:

Scriptsaurus said...

I think it's wierd. I wouldn't let people sleep in my bed. Who'd want to? The things that have gone on in there...jeezuz.

Maybe you haven't reached a full union of the souls in your 'play marriage' and one of you still thinks of the place as a bit of a bachelor pad. I'd be fine letting relatives or friends sleep in my bed when single, but in this living-together-arrangement...for me it's a territorial thing I guess.

Anonymous said...

just back from a beautiful week @ rb so this seems unusually pertinent. remember a certain bed post ribbon?

i can't believe i almost agree with le artiste, but...

like most matters of personal space/choice, it's really a scent thing isn't it;)

jkf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jkf said...

Thanks boys, I appreciate the input.

thugwithyoyo said...

It's a rule at my place that ALL overnight guests MUST sleep in my bed at one time or another, whether they want to or not. Why? 'Cause I bent and welded together the bedframe out of carbon steel myself. [Such is how I spent my spare time before moving to OR].

PS: Sorry my comment doesn't at all answer your survey question.