Monday, June 12, 2006

Argh

I'm so eager to find a job that this morning I checked all the job sites, even before I read Boing Boing, if you can believe that.

Sadly, there is nothing else for me to do. I've applied everywhere that I have a remote chance of obtaining employment. I've even applied blindly to places I would like to work at (KPMG, please!). I've applied to places doing work that I'm not terribly interested in, and to places in godforsaken suburban areas.

Now begins the waiting game. I'm doing call backs and check-ins, but I really just need to get some bloody interviews. I've been encouraged to take the position I was offered, but I'm just not ready to cave yet. I still have hope that I can find something in downtown Portland, for a decent amount of money, doing something that is interesting. Is that too much to ask?

In the meantime, I guess I'll clean the house. Too bad I don't have some of that motivation that my saviors, BirdCrap, had when they cleaned my house before I came back from NYC. Which, by the way was one of the most wonderful things anyone has ever done for me. Thanks kids.

No comments: