Wednesday, June 07, 2006

the cloud to my silver lining

Well, the interview went well on Tuesday, so well in fact, that at its conclusion I was offered a job, starting immediately (well, I would have started this AM).

Sadly, they are not offering nearly what I need to pay my bills, unless I can get a significant increase within a year.

We reached a compromise, and seems like the job is open for me if I cannot find something else. I could swing the amount of money by living even more frugally than now, but the roommate doesn't really like that idea. I am still entertaining the thought of working there because a job, any job would really help my psyche right now, and my pocketbook.

The best is that they do the type of work that I dreamed of doing when I decided to go to law school (i.e. helping the little man). I'm just not sure helping the little man increase his position to my financial detriment is the way to go.

So...back to the drawing board. I'm optimistic, have just sent off the application to the firm that I would like to work at more than any other (at least from what I currently know of them). I'm also applying at other places, that aren't doing exactly what I want but sound like good gigs. I'm still a bit apprehensive about applying for the jobs that want my law school transcript, but I think I'll send one of those out tomorrow just because I have nothing to lose.

I'm positive that I can get a job, that I am worthy of one, and am somewhat patient as to finding the "one." In the meantime, I need to come up with some serious cash to pay some impending and unavoidable bills.

Anyone wanna buy a car?

No comments: