Thursday, July 13, 2006

Comedy of errors

First day of work that I have to be in at 8:00. I'm planning on being there around 8:30 -9:00 in the coming weeks, but want to be all prompt and proper this week.

So, I throw hissy fits about getting to bed at a reasonable hour and rebuff assistance in the form of two alarms being set. Mine, I think, is plenty.

Except I set it for 6:45 PM. I awake at 7:30, and OH CRAP. Ain't nothing that starts the day better than the adrenline rush from being late.

S helps by getting my coffee and lunch together, I shower and am out the door at 7:45 with the ability to make it there on time.

Except I notice just before I get on the highway that I am driving Steve's car. Habit. But he needs it today and I have the only key to my car on my person. So turn around.

Then, as I'm almost there, driving my car, I miss my exit, so I have to take the next one and turn around.

I get there about 10 minutes late, and because I don't yet have to do any time reporting, I sneak in the back door near my office and no one really notices. Except the partners.

Today I learned that they like to kid around. A lot. And scare me. It's gonna be a couple of weeks of tolerance, before I figure out how to respond without offending anyone.

Tomorrow, hopefully, will go better.

No comments: