Tuesday, July 25, 2006

where does all the time go?

I eat lunch at my desk and try really hard to get out of work at a reasonable time, but goodness knows how hard that is. I've even brought work home tonight. I keep getting more and more projects, which is good, and kinda stressful. I know to say no when it is too much, but often I make it harder on myself by putzing around until the deadline is imminent, mostly because I'm unsure of my position on things.

Sunday night I was up until 2:00, then a nap and up again at 6:00, having slept very little due to nightmares. I was able to catch an hour or so of peaceful sleep when a guy in my dreams stuck a nail in the clock and stopped time at 4:45, so that I could take as long as I wanted to get the project done. I was VERY sad when I awoke to realize it wasn't true.

Now, I've approx 5 more. The worst are the ones that only take a minute of data entry, but because I'm not sure if I have to change other things, I have to look it all up. Yes, part of learning, but it takes forever.

Anyway, I'm home and that's pretty cool.

Sadly, no time to really enjoy much of it, or do the things I want.

Soon, I'll figure it out.

No comments: