Thursday, July 06, 2006

Part 4. Tuesday at home

We took most of the day to get back home, 7 hours, after the 3 miles out of Strawberry Lake. We were showered and ready to head back out though by 8:00. Plans fell through, but others became what was meant to be. Headed over to Stephen's house for some grub and to hopefully allow two very scared dogs to console each other. They didn't and the neighbors all around his house were continuously sending off fireworks.

So, we decided about 12:00 to head out to Lewis and Clark and see if we could find the site of the treehouse. Well, we didn't at first, and thought we were being followed by the security. I ended up with one leg fully wet from falling into a creek somewhere and my hand is bloody from some plant attacking me. We went back to the car, regrouped, and headed out again, and found it. There are some tarps still there, seemingly the place is being used for some activity still, but the area down there really is a jungle. I had no idea where I was most of the time, and spent a lot of it just trying to keep the boys and the dogs together. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't get to bed until 4:00.

And oy vey, was I hungover on Wednesday, when I had to meet several of Steve's co-workers at the Bombay Cricket Club for dinner. I should have eaten something less spicy on my irritated stomach, as I'm still recovering.

That's it for the posts for now. Today, Thursday, was non-exciting, as I tried to get all this written and the photos up. The house is still a mess from all the camping gear. I still don't have a job, and we have a house guest for the weekend coming tomorrow.

It doesn't stop, but I still feel like I don't do very much.

No comments: