Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Employed!

Though my blog evidently needs some work.

I'll be back.

Update: well, I tried to fix the issues that made my blog go down in the first place, but then it fixed itself. I need to come up with a design that is wholly my own, but I'm missing something vital, and without quite a bit of trial and error, I'm not gonna figure it out.

So, for now, I'll keep relying on someone, somewhere, having part of this on the internet.

And yes, I am employed. I went in for a follow up interview today and started right then and there. I have an huge office, two monitors (!), support staff, and work with which to start proving myself. Not much money, few benes, and a drive to Camas everyday (only 15 minutes), but I'm pretty optimistic. Good thing I didn't sell my car. I reworked my budget, and lean times are ahead but at least I can pay rent again.

Likely this blog will be now involve the trials and tribulations of working every day. But, because it is work, and I don't want to get fired, you'll have to talk to me in person to get the good stuff.

The best part of starting work right away is that I don't have any nervous energy about tomorrow. I'm all set up and all the awkwardness in meeting 20 new people is gone. Yeay.

4 comments:

great sandwich! said...

congrats! you're a star!

great sandwich! said...

btw--this is really funny.

http://www.panopticist.com/archives/208.html

Scriptsaurus said...

Hooray! Now you won't be moving to idaho. Celebrations will ensue, but now only on the weekend!

jkf said...

Lots of celebrating, fo shizzle!