Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Workin in a coal mine

And if you didn't get your overtime, I'd be suing someone for you.

Work is hard. Staying awake at work is even harder. So I went to bed at 11:30ish last night, and today was a heck of a lot easier. I'm happier even. So, that's the lesson, learned once again.

New job is tough, everything I'm assigned takes about 4 times longer than it should, 3 times longer than I want it to, and 2 times as long as the assignor wants it to take. Frustrating, but I do know from experience that if a job is too easy, I'll quit to find something more challenging. For now, I am being challenged. Luckily, the one that would have me do mindless work is gone for two weeks and I'm allying myself with the two lead attorneys that actually give me hard assignments. Really hard.

Good stuff. I almost wanted to take some home today. But I'm trying to make the rule be only 9-10 hours of work a day. What, with 8 hours of sleep, that only leaves me ~ 5 hours to play, eat and shit. And let me tell you, this job, and waking at 6:45 every morning has realllllly messed up my digestive system.

But I'm happy. First two and a half days have already been direct deposited in my account. Some to S, some for my sushi lunch today, some for new shoes, shirts and pants and well, that will likely take care of that bit of fun.

Too bad I don't make more money, but for now, I'm doing pretty well.

Keep an eye out for that tax gig, I'll be ready in about 2 years. I need some litigatin' experience first. In the meantime, perhaps some pro bono work can be tossed my way....anyone?

2 comments:

Scriptsaurus said...

you could register the entire charchive with the LOC...That might take years. Nevermind.

jkf said...

good doG. I was thinking tax. Besides, you have two attorneys that are Char, or an offshoot thereof. Make them do it.

But I don't want to hurt your feelings, HA, so if you want me to figure out how, and teach you, I might.