Thursday, July 06, 2006

Photo update

I'm working on them today.

First installment: three weeks ago, Trapper Creek again (I think). Lovely hike, with more waterfalls than you could count. Pretty and lovely.

Later, a canoe/camping/bat sighting overnight, and LOTS of photos from the first backpacking trip of my life: three nights in the Strawberry Mountains.

Check back later.

Update: the canoe trip at Forlorn Lakes, where deet became our best friend. This was the trip that saved our marriage. And they say canoes and camping are divorce aids.

1 comment:

jkf said...

Hey SB!

oops, my very bad, that is the Siouxon Creek Trail 130 (pronounced like Tucson, AZ).

It's adjacent to the Trapper Creek wilderness in, you guessed it: Gifford Pinchot National Forest.

Aside: every guide book says to go some crazy, long and complicated way. Ignore them, take the Bridge of the Gods and go through Carson. MUCH faster. You'll have to ask S for better details. The area, as you know is my favorite. I've never seen so many magnificent waterfalls and swimming holes as here, and NO one is on the trails.

Makes me really wish that cabin was cheaper.

btw, Trapper Creek is east of this creek, and beautiful in its many trails too.