Friday, January 06, 2006

New Year's Eve PARTAAAAY

I forgot to mention the most important social event of my last few months: the New Year's Eve Party.

I mistakenly thought it was gonna be a bit dull. I had just taken a nap, was a bit hungry and drowsy. That was all taken care of with a shot of Herradura and a glass of Johnny Walker. Then, the fun started.

I received two gifts: a magic 8 type ball on a keychain, but it is the devil's ball. Funny in too many ways. The other gift was a dollar store rendition of the old table football game. You know, the one where you fold a piece of paper like a flag and the other person holds up their hands like goalposts? It's fantastic. However, I left it there, because I had somehow lost the professional version of the football (it was larger than the collegiate version), and thought the only way I would ever get that back would be to leave the whole thing there, so that it at least made it into the packaging.

A present that S got was a horrible game that pits up to four players against each other to press the button when a light turns green. The last one to press their button (jeopardy style) would receive a mild or extreme shock. I did this WAY too many times.

And we drank and I was very flitty, the way I like to be at parties, the personification of stream of consciousness. I even had written in indellible ink on places of my body that shouldn't have been allowed to have been photographed. Ah well, it was all for fun.

Anyway, props to Crapartist for throwing a whopper of a party. It was indeed a fantastic way to ring in the New Year.

1 comment:

jkf said...

For posterity's sake, here's another take on the party:

http://emoemile.livejournal.com/40725.html