Thursday, February 02, 2006

Why is Firefox so unsafe?

Someone told me that the main reason they use Firefox is for security reasons. No one targets Firefox and they have the best security for a browser.

I started using Firefox for this reason. I soon forgot about that reason because I fell in love with its usability.

However, I'm quickly falling out of love with it because I have not had nearly the amount of security breaches with IE that I have had since I started using Firefox.

Today, I received a phone call to my cell phone from a time share company, that I saw the name of on a site earlier in the day.

That never happened to me before, and kinda freaked me out.

Last week I had to uninstall all adobe programs and all printers in order to recover my computer from a Firefox extension that was supposed to make opening adobe files easier.

So far, Firefox has been a pain in the ass. I still like that bookmark toolbar though, and the tabbed pages. I'm currently running ad-aware and spy-bot to see what I come up with. Then I guess I'll be running a Norton full scan too. I don't like the waste of time. Anyone with any ideas? Am I doing something wrong with Firefox?

I feel like I've taken the condom off of my computer.

AM Update: viruses and adware and spyware all over the place. I'm pretty close to switching back to the IE team.

No comments: