Monday, July 18, 2005

WHEW!

On Friday evening, I received an e-mail from one Jeff Spencer (thebigguy30@yahoo.com), who notified me that:

"After a comprehensive review of your backround, The Board must regrettably inform you that you do not have the requisite character and fitness to practice law in Oregon. "

With a little help from the roommate, I soon realized that the e-mail might not be real. Not, however, before a gate to HELL opened up underneath me and I teetered on its precipice. That's what ruined my weekend. No matter how much you tell yourself, after three years of hell and $120,000, those little words make one's soul die a little. Needlesstosay, I have spent some shitty nights until this morning when I received a response from the proper Oregon State Bar authorities, saying the most beautiful words:

"I can assure you that this is NOT a legitimate email. The Board of Bar Examiners has no concerns about your character and fitness."

(I'm hoping that they are refering to the above email, not really "this" one.)

So, I'm posting this to see if anyone out there in blog land knows who Jeff Spencer is, or whomever actually sent the original e-mail. It was a well-devised practical joke and I would sure like to thank the person who sent it.

3 comments:

great sandwich! said...

ummm, whoever it is definitely never went to law school and never took the bar. otherwise he would know that none of us have a sense of humor right now.

either that, or he's just plain evil.

Aaron said...

Pretty ridiculous prank if you ask me. Someone needs a mailbomb or three!

jkf said...

You both said it. I'm trying to be diplomatic, but the roommate doesn't want me to overreact. Which, is likely a good thing considering that some of my ideas might leave me unfit for the practice of law.