Tuesday, August 23, 2005

As promised, bus poetry

Thanks to SCT, these pictures are from local busses;

Our own version of the horrible mode of communication loosely labeled "art" follows:

Where?
the moon is large in the sky,
as I wander through the winds of time,
searching for the thimble that lost its way,
I scurry through the field wondering why the placenta wanders,
waiting for the moon

Vacation
my eyes are wet with the salt of the earth.
why must the trees weep for the field when the city is near and happens every day.
I wake with taunts of twisted metal in my heart. waiting. wishing. for the beach

Where II
the bus makes its way to the street that isn't there,
wanting to fulfill its destiny it cannot
yet continues because there is nothing else to do

Wind
Look!
The window of time escapes me.
I watch, and I wait
Thoughts escape me
As if time is like the llama of golden bush
Founded on the rice patties of Vietnam life
Unfolded pearls of wisdom from the side
Cold
Meaty
Shark like instincts touch my farm
Watch me rise from the ground like so many slaves

Breitenbush tango
You are so Deeeep, man!
Like the pools of water in my soul,
you speak to the essence of the hybrid Subaru
wanting the world to be more like your mind,
you close your eyes and see the future
written upon your eyelids.
pressing your palms hard, the colors of
life, love, loss, extinction
seep into your heart

Crim Pro
Wake up world and taste my spittle
Crawl up the passages of time
and watch the soul burn
Drink expensive coffees and buy expensive perfume
Crime rates on the drop
Can you be the police too?

Stolen time
I like the way you talk
I like the way you walk
You really turn me on
It is sad, this world, where
we cannot come together
Why are you plagued with youth?
and I with senility

3 comments:

Scriptsaurus said...

Too bad that they only take poetry-in-motion from published books. I know...I asked.

jkf said...

Then the question is: how do they define "published?"

thugwithyoyo said...

RE: only accepting "published" works
Jane asked too. We're appalled that Tri-Met does not take LOCAL work from non-published authors.

In my humble, anything but literary-minded opinion, most of the poetry in motion is straight up ass anyway.