Monday, August 15, 2005

Two weeks

That's right, two weeks since I quit smoking. Twelve years are beginning to erase themselves, as I no longer wheeze, cough or hack any longer. I can smell much better and my throat is no longer sore. The best part, no to little hangover when having had a ton to drink. Also, I'm not nearly as endlessly thirsty, which makes for fewer trips to the bathroom. Bonus: at kickball practice yesterday: I was out of breath because I was running, not because I just sucked all my oxygen out of my lungs. All around wonderful results, highly recommended.

A friend always says, do anything for two weeks and you'll be used to it, it gets easier and then you can decide more rationally whether or not you want to continue an activity. These last two weeks were a little slice of hell, but I can safely say that resisting the urge is hella easier now, and I'm pretty happy to have made it this long. Even the patch is history!

Well, today is off to the dump to help Sara extract her stereo from her wrecked car. (She's alright except for some whiplash and pain and suffering of course). Then hopefully I can drag my sorry ass to GS!'s for some painting.

2 comments:

Scriptsaurus said...

congrats. on another note, i'm published.

jkf said...

Awesome, let's drink! Or at least a link...
Congratulations to you too.