Sunday, April 24, 2005

More on monkeys

So I got to feed my sea monkeys today. They seem genuinely happy. I'm mostly excited cuz now they get to poop, which creates a whole new dynamic to the little world they live in.

I'm slightly worried about my aeration technique though. There is this flimsy pump that it comes with, that should be used as follows: finger over the hole, place in water, press the bellows and hold, take it out and repeat. However, only large bubbles come out this way. Now, I don't understand a whole hella about oxygenating water, but if I leave the device in the water, allowing it to suck some up then press and release rapidly, much smaller bubbles form that seem to stay in the water longer (cuz they are sucking a hella lotta oxygen right now). What I am worried about is that the fellers are so small, that I may be killing some of the critters with this method. I still have quite a few left though, so I am gonna stay with it until I find a better method, or I kill all but 5. I think that's a good number to stop at.

Planted the garden this morning, and Tater's biblical plant terrarium finally came yesterday, so we are abuzz with life prospects.

Now, just to finish my fucking paper.

1 comment:

Scriptsaurus said...

Tee Hee!

The oxygenation should work better with smaller bubbles as the greater surface area allows more O2 to dissolve. But if small bubbles might kill the little buggers....

What about putting a water plant in there?