Saturday, April 30, 2005

update

Well, I am extremely tired. This is a boring diary-type entry for those I seldom communicate with, so they know what I am up to. Nothing terribly funny or interesting here.

Thursday night I did not go to bed. I napped for about two hours. And was up at about 6:00 to get on my paper. I spent the morning working on citing my writing sample (part of the paper) for my application to the tax court. I was crazy, anxious as hell, Steve is a dear for tolerating me. I called one of the tax court magistrates to ask about the atmosphere at the potential gig. I haven't been able to connect, but he's called three times, me twice. He keeps saying my name on the messages, which is great, cuz when my application rolls across his desk, he'll remember me (please). I'm a schmoozin' animal!

We went hiking after that, and though I was tired, all stress washed out of me as I looked at some magnificent waterfalls and some of those famous old-growth Pacific Northwest trees. I love those, makes me feel magical. The hike was strenuous enough to stretch my legs, and long enough to get me feeling better about life. Regenerated.

Then home, watched three episodes of Deadwood, and went to bed at 2:00. Up early today, and didn't seem to accomplish much more than rearranging my work space (evidently what I need for writing a paper and what I need for studying for finals is completely different). Then to a wedding reception. Steve and I kept talking about where we'd have a wedding and how it would be. Then a comment from a co-worker of Steve's made me realize that we were actually discussing our pending wedding. Interesting. We have been so flippant about it, that I never realized the moment when we started thinking about it seriously. It is still out there, but I'm pretty sure this guy I could spend some time with (see, still not able to say "the rest of my life"). Stay tuned.

Anyway, now studying for Corporate tax. I gave a speech at the reception (to our table) about estate tax. No one wisely questioned my competency. Shame, I was all ready to go to war on my position. It's fun explaining basis.

I am still in communication with my sister. Seems she had a lot of the same experiences as me. Which shits, but at least she has been able to get through them. Neat that maybe I can give her some constructive advice about how to deal with our childhoods.

My Sea monkeys are well. They moved downstairs to the bathroom. I figured that leaving them upstairs, though a nice study distraction, was an idea prone to deadly results. Likely when I stop spending so much time up there, I will forget about them. I know that in the bathroom they will be oft looked after.

Not much else new. Still struggling to get shit done, and be happy, eat and sleep. Two more weeks.

And nicely, I keep remembering at odd intervals that I have sat through my last law school class. Now it seems real. I can't wait until I get to randomly remember that I have taken my last law school final, written my last law school paper. That is worth all this shit. I am a survivor. I know we all fear the bar, but it doesn't really phase me too much. I know it is important, but I am so much stronger having gone through law school, learned so much, lived so much...

The last and final moment is mine, agony is my triumph.

1 comment:

Scriptsaurus said...

You sound better. Good luck with finals.