Thursday, April 28, 2005

Wear a helmet

The next person that tells me I need to relax, is going to get a baseball bat to the head. I am spending well over $100,000 for my law school education, plus another $3,000 for bar review courses. I have to start paying these loans back in six months. I do not have a job lined up. I have to finish a paper, then study for finals, then study for the bar. I will not have time off until August. I have no other life options. I have pulled myself up from white trash to get to this point, and though I do have perspective in that the world turns whether or not I pass the bar, I really want to, I need to, and I have to (so at least I can support Steve through film school).

So, if you don't get this, and are some preppy suck-ass second-year, just please stay out of my way, and leave me alone. Further if you are being a representative for an company that I am paying all this money to, you need to have a lot more respect. You'll understand soon enough. Or maybe not, if your daddy is paying for this, you've never struggled or worked a day in your life and you have no idea what it is like to be hungry. And that's fine, I am happy for you (really, I am, that's what I hope to give my children). But just try to understand the amount of pressure I am under and don't fuck with me, at least right now. Cuz I gots me some RIGHTEOUS indignation. And I would like some space.

But don't ever tell me to relax again unless you are gonna help support me. Friends are excluded from this rant as you give me support, and you likely actually know when I do need to relax. Everyone else can fuck off! And if you are lucky, I won't sue you for IIED.

1 comment:

jkf said...

Now, that IS what I need.

And as far as getting angry, it does pay off, I got this response from the corporate whores (though a nice one):

"Thanks for letting us know. I understand how stressful and frustrating the last semester of law school is! A new rep sent out the email, so I don't think she knew or meant to send it out to all of the students. The videos are geared towards the 1L courses, not the MBE or Oregon subjects you need for the bar review. Sorry for the confusion! I will make sure it does not happen again. Good luck with finals!"