Monday, May 09, 2005

Adventures in computer nightmares

So, contacted Dell this morning. They are going to send me a new power cord, A/C adapter and motherboard. I had to argue with the fella about what was wrong. Evidently the thing that goes from the wall outlet to the in port on the back of my computer has two names: power cord and A/C adapter. I know all about terms of art. But common usage, please. I don't expect anyone, let alone lawyers to understand the differences between Res Judicata and Collateral Estoppel now do I? Or even the true definition of omission.

Anyway, that won't get sent until they contact me in 2-3 business days to set up an appointment to fix my shiz. I pleaded, cried, lamented, almost flaggelated. To no avail.

So, back to square one. The tests on Tater's computer ran all night, and now I just need to run some diagnostics and see if it will hold up. Now I'm scared. Alternative is to have him rebuild the whole thing tonight and start from scratch and pray. Likely I will have to set my exam back until tomorrow, sucking into my other exam prep time. Ain't nothing like procrastination to make everything fall apart. Evidently, not only do I procrastinate, but God does too, saving all the horror for the end of my law school career.

And tried another tactic. The only place in the world evidently to buy a Dell power cord is Austin, Texas. That really just doesn't make any sense to me. I hate them. I yelled at the Lloyd Center Dell guy. Now I feel bad.

Isn't this fun?

1 comment:

thugwithyoyo said...

I had a nasty virus on my home machine for more than TWO YEARS!!! The charmer stealthfully sapped 98% of my computer's processing power periodically while other applications were running. My computer began to lag so hard that it couldn't even run Word. I finally tracked down the culprit by taking a look at my windows systems processes. The only way to permanently rid my computer of it was to delete it from the registry.