Saturday, May 07, 2005

Horror

Besides friends exposing my loved ones to a flea infestation, and who knows what else,

My power cord for my computer pooped out yesterday. It will still work now if in a certain position, and I'm hella glad it didn't do that during a final, but, what amazing timing. I'm luckier than most in having a back up laptop, and the harm isn't that great. Just hella scary.

If I get my outline squared away today, I get to go downtown to cinco de mayo. Not the best of ideas during finals, but what the hell. In the meantime, lots to do.

3 comments:

great sandwich! said...

that really sucks. i'm sorry. that happened to me last semester, but i had enough time to order a new power cord before finals. and then my hard drive died the day after finals. i think i was the happiest person ever to have their hard drive die.

Scriptsaurus said...

What is it about law student laptops? I dare say that I use mine as often as you'all and I haven't had such problems yet. Must be that doG thinks it's funny to fuck with law students?

jkf said...

Seriously! The overwhelming amount of issues law students have with laptops is interesting. I don't know if anyone I know hasn't had issues. Do you carry yours around as much as we do? Curious. Would like to see a study on the matter.

I tried using it earlier and the entire cord felt like it was going to burst into flames. Dell recently recalled a bunch of power cords because of that very problem, but mine was not one of those recalled. But should it have been?