Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I have taken amazing life!

A very sad event occurred this A.M. I aerated the Seamonkey tank, and one of my little ladies got sucked into the million bubble air pump. Rather sad as she didn't die immediately, but continued to wiggle her legs as she sank to the bottom. There is no way to know what is wrong, and I get to watch her die on the bottom. She has some eggs though, so maybe those will carry on her genetic material.

I'm down to five adults, one teenager and a baby. I need to find another method for aeration. Or be ever more vigilant in the current process.

I couldn't get up for class this morning. I took a four hour nap yesterday, and then stayed up late. Lesson learned. I'll get the audio CD from them next week, and make it up. I wish I could just do it all from home, as I gotta say, these early mornings are tough, made worse by the gaggle of annoying post-law-students that plague me at each turn. This learnin of the law becomes ever more tedious.

Good note - graduation is on Saturday.

6 comments:

jkf said...

update: on her death float to the top, my little Seamonkey momma got caught in a cat hair that is in the tank. She is suspended in mid-water, dead. RIP, little SM.

thugwithyoyo said...

That's quite sad. I'm learning much about sea monkey's from your posts. Are the eggs still inside the body? Will they still hatch?

jkf said...

I think they are outside her body already...they seem to be clustered on her legs. I could look it up to be sure, but I like the mystique of trying to figure it all out as a kind of science experiment. The eggs, like the ones in the packet one gets to start them, will hibernate until conditions are just right. I have a couple of babies right now that have recently hatched. Otherwise, if they all die, I can let the water evaporate and then restart the process and those unhatched eggs will rise again.

Scriptsaurus said...

can you change the water instead of aerating?

jkf said...

no, it's a special formula salt water.

jkf said...

I think one of them is either having sex with or eating a dead SM. hmmmm.