Tuesday, October 04, 2005

gutters

Well the rain stopped long enough yesterday to allow me to repair one side of the house worth of gutters and clean them out. However, this project is gonna take a bit of time as one side slants away from the drain spout and on another side, there is one section that has rusted through. So, today will be more on the gutters. I have to hit Home Depot first for some supplies and would like to take this opportunity to rant about neighborhood stores:

I know that it is difficult in this world to run a small business. However, that doesn't mean that you should just give up and run things like you always have. Carrying a shitty selection of poor quality hardware will not entice me to return to your store no matter how close I live to you or how horrible I believe meglo-mart. So, please, all I'm asking for is a non-plastic caulk gun, that doesn't cost $10. Thanks.

In other news: I've made split pea soup in the crock pot (with ham hock); and chocolate mousse. I'm being such a good little house wife.

I still have no idea where my cellphone is...haven't for several days. I'm thinking about getting a land line again. I think it would be much better for me and how I use a phone. Then we could completely cancel cable, and get DSL.

This blog looks more and more like a diary these days. But I guess if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

1 comment:

jkf said...

True, outages do suck. I don't like not being able to access my e-mail right now, even though I looked just an hour ago. I'll keep that all in mind.

Funny, when I was taking the meat off the bone for the soup this morning, I was thinking how God must truly love humans to give us something so wonderful as a pig to eat. Even better, the human that discovered all the wonderful ways to cook that tasty beast.

Ham hocks are a little slice of heaven. Makes me feel sorry for vegetarians and Jews (though shouldn't christians not eat pork either? Same bible/god people. That would save more pig for me.)