Monday, October 31, 2005

The Ligers won again!!!!!!!!

Our stats: 3 wins; 5 losses; 2 tied games. A -7 run differential and our current streak is 3 wins in a row. We are currently ranked 8th place, out of 16 teams in the NE league. Not so bad considering that none of us have ever played before.

But I have to now admit that our last win was a forfeit. The other team didn't show up. Not a single person. I guess they were just too scared of our prowess.

The Playoffs/Finals Tournament is this next Saturday. We play the 9th ranked team first and then more if we are lucky. I'd invite you all, but I'm sure no one will show up, considering the first game is likely to be at 8:00 (ouch).

Instead of playing them, our two captains picked teams (just like the humilation of grade school - though I have a patented system of looking unconcerned when not picked), and we played each other. I was on the Evil Ligers team, and we kicked butt. I had a LOT of fun playing first base and making some amazing catches (I'd been hiding my skills until the end of the season). Once, I almost took a digger in a large puddle of mud. And once I was running backwards, and I would have caught the ball had I not, at the last moment, tripped over something, and fallen backwards onto my back, the fall broken by the ball landing first and under my head. Ouch. But I have the most fun when I get to play "balls out." It engages the crowd.

Halloween party was fun. We didn't go as the planned duo of Sonny and Cher. It would have been wonderful, with a zombie Sonny and Cher doing a skit/song from their horrible comedy show. Audio was the concern, we just couldn't figure out how to spontaneously burst into our routine without it looking like a lot of effort. Oh well, perhaps next year. Instead I was a pirate, and a quite good one at that, having found a velvet jacket that make the outfit wonderful. Sadly, there were two other pirates there. My costume was the most elaborate however. HA. Because of a rush out of the house, there were no pictures taken until I was home and took them myself. Thus the drunken quality of the images. Steve was already in the shower, so I was only able to get a shot of his face and makeup. It wasn't a pretty costume, but scary and slightly demented, and definitely no one else had the same.

This morning was spent making adjustments to my chain downspouts. It has rained so hard here that the water was splashing all over the place and getting into the basement. I used a funnel made out of screen to direct the rain onto the chain (thanks Larry), and all seems to now be well. The ideal situation would be to have several chains out of the same hole, as one chain just can't handle that much rain.

Sadly that allowed me to discover a leak in the garage roof. I will be unable to repair that for a while though, as the 10 day forcast says more, much more rain.

1 comment:

thugwithyoyo said...

Congratulations on your win... I would have like to have seen your "Balls out" catch. "Balls Out for Science" is a future scientific collaboration that Crapartist wants to put together. I'm sure he'll come out with other things for which "balls out" enthusiasm should be aroused.