Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday

Last night was a blast. We played a scrimmage kickball game amongst ourselves that was really fun. We were able to play with much less pressure and I even kicked a home run, beyotches. But the best was a catch I made after taunting Swills, who kicked it to me and I had to jump and scramble to actually catch it. I pulled something in my ass, making that nerve rather painful today.

But nothing will keep me from finishing this darn gutter project. I've hit another bump in my road, but I think with a bit of tin snipping I'll be able to keep the water flowing out through the downspout.

After kickball last night, I went out downtown with a couple of friends, one of whom had just got her shipping out papers from her wife. Sad story, even sadder as she seems to be the one on the receiving end of what my situation was nearly two years ago. So, some insight and some sadness, but I was able to drink and get a ride home to my "fucking awesome" S.O.

And then up late this morning for some cleaning, laundry and work outside. Reading the survey results were quite funny (see yesterday), seems that not signing my name to someone's birthday card was a mere oversight of my significant other. Thanks to all participants. I would just like to say that I'll be making that mere oversight from now on, since it seems to not matter. I just wish I could take back the past times I assisted peace and happiness by signing names, to show everyone how much it does matter. Oh well, I'm gonna let it go now (even the blatant attempts to rankle my ire through the lame "I have testicles" excuse).

Btw, I've fixed the link on the bottom of the page, to now go to October, so that you can see the last few days if you've missed anything. Sorry it took me so long, I cannot figure out how to make it go to the latest and have to change it each month manually.

Back to work. If you are bored, check this out and tell me how it works.
Here's what BoingBoing said about it: "Last Call Poker is an alternate reality game built around the frame of a dodgy poker site. The site asks for your "date of death" when you register. After filling out a profile and playing poker for a few minutes, you start getting phone calls, emails and had strange images show up on you screen. There seems to be quite a bit of story hidden within the site including movies (with ex-child star Todd Bridges--better known as Willis from 'Diff'rent Strokes'), audio segments, and live poker games played at cemeteries around the country (using the tombstones as cards)."