Monday, October 17, 2005

Kickball and the weekend

I forgot to mention, that we won our Kickball game on Sunday. We were playing the nicest team that we've yet to play (Twisted Kickers) and we WON (7-2)! We are now 1-5-2. That's pretty good considering this is the first season that any member of our team has played organized kickball. (We are only down 18 kicks, which is not so many, really).

My little baked potater hit a homerun, and I actually got on third base this time. I also whilst in the catcher position, caught a bumbling ball for a good out in the last inning. So we all did some good this game. We also all made some big mistakes, but little things that just need to be ironed out with experience.

I think it most important to just repeat every thing you want to be good at until you get it right. To that end, Steve and I have been kicking the ball at the park on weeknights. It not only gives us some exercise, I know much better how to bunt, and kick and control the ball. It's quite handy having a soccer boyfriend.

I skipped poker this weekend. Instead, Sara and I played Gauntlet (old skool) at Ground Kontrol, until we just ran out of quarters. Then we discovered that we can play Super Mario Bros. on an old skool Nintendo at the bar for free. So we drank and played and I discovered Sara is actually realllly good at the game, and showed me some new moves...slide, slide, slippedy-slide.

Other than that, I watched a documentary/art film on a fellow that builds rock cairns and such, but not in an annoying way. Normally I knock over un-important rock cairns because they disrupt my tranquility, but this guy had some skill. I even learned how to build a rock arch. Sweeet.

Also watched the Family Guy (Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story) movie, good, though I wouldn't purchase it, as it's not worth watching more than once.

And I finished Christopher Priest's "Prestige." I really enjoyed this book. It seemed headed toward a predictible ending, but really ended up different than I had imagined. I would like someone else to read this so I can discuss what the heck the ending was about. The book made me want to look at the last page for the entire second half of the book. Resisting is mandatory. It's a nice mystery surrounding an 1900 feud between two stage magicians. Clever and well-written, I'd actually keep this one to read again in the future.

Today I made beef stew in the crock pot and way more monster cookies that I should have. If you need a homemade cookie, let me know.

No comments: