Tuesday, October 11, 2005

More gutters

So, gutters are repaired, cleaned, aligned and replaced. I only have one other thing to do and that is install two chain downspouts, one in the backyard (no, the Dr. Seuss one wasn't for real), and one on the side which will be experimental. I'm going to simply cut a hole in the gutter, enlarge it and place a chain to direct the water away from the house. That seems like a better option than replacing 50 feet of gutter that does not drain correctly.

Thanks to anon on the last posting - my kicking has greatly improved. We lost our kickball game, but again, could have done much worse. I believe the score was 3-7. We got shafted on a few of the calls, and their first base person didn't seem to understand staying out of the base line, but I'm getting over it. I got on base a couple of times. There is definite need for improvement, but I think I'm getting the hang of that big red ball. Playing an organized sport is an interesting mix of competitiveness and trying to remember that it is just for fun. When it is just our team, we seem to have both. Sadly I don't think some of the other teams can do that, thus making it very competitive for us as well, and a bit too stressful.

In other news, well, there's not much. Looks like I might put my car on the ice for the winter and we'll turn into a one-car family for a while. Save some money and incidently, the planet.

We had a fantastice crock-pot chicken with purple potatoes and gravy and green beans last night, then took the dog for a walk and MAXd downtown to buy some books (Snicket, to read before the movie is seen).

We also bought a snowshoeing in Oregon book, so that we don't get too chubby this winter. If anyone knows of any cheap deals on snowshoes, please advise.

Then we went to a couple of new places, one ended up being a gay bar and I didn't even know it, hahaha, the irony; and the other a "fusion latino" restaurant that has been open for one week. The chef (Jeff?) let us try some of his mom's habanero salsa. We just ate a carrot from the mix, but my tongue was seriously on fire. Ouch. I cannot recall the name of the place, but they do have window service and stay open late on Fri and Sat nights, so if you are downtown, keep your eyes open for the "fusion latino" on the sign (they have bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers with a chipotle-blue cheese dip that you will want to have more of).

That's all for now. I'm gonna read today, clean the house, then help a friend saw some things and/or get some kickball practice.

No comments: