Friday, October 14, 2005

A new color

A bit of sunshine to brighten up these dreary sunless days. Let me know what you think. I was also going for ease of readability...

Umm, I drank way too much last night. That's right. One of my comrades fell last night, but I stayed in there to take the dog for not just one walk, but three. He evidently needed them, as he pooped each time, but I just really like to be mobile when I'm tipsy. That way I can seem to control events, events like taking out the yard refuse to the curb at 1:30 in the morning, and then taking a walk to go and watch the trains. Yep, it was a good night.

That's how a book club should be, drunken ribaldry continuing even after it is over. The book was a collection of short stories by Aaron Hamburger. They are all set in Prague, and most of them are gay- and or Jewish-themed. I didn't really like the book so much. It was interesting, but repetitive and seemed to contradict itself between some of the stories, trying to be clever, I think. I would give it a 6/10, for readability, clarity of presentation, and entertainment value, though lacking in overall luster.

Next book is titled "Thank you for Smoking" by Christopher Buckley. Looks interesting. Two weeks to read it. In the meantime, I'm gonna hit Christopher Priest's "The Prestige. " I'll let you know what I think.

For now, I'm gonna crawl back into bed and take a little nap. I feel awfully sorry for those bookclubbers that had to work today...My sympathies.

No comments: