Monday, October 03, 2005

Howdy

Today I begin on all the home improvement projects that I've been meaning to do for a while. Clean the gutters, repair various things, put plastic on the windows, etc. It feels good to be outside (when it is not raining) and getting things accomplished.

The weekend was good. Friday night was date night and we made pizza, went to a party and hung out with some good friends. We decided to walk home from their house, which ended up taking us an hour. It was fun though and I would definitely do it that way again.

Saturday night was poker night. I was able to stay in for a good period of time, but still lost. We played no-limit Texas hold-em, just like on TV, and I have to say I really don't enjoy losing my money. I think I would just rather stay away from gambling all together. It's hard to see your money being given to someone else when you have none.

Sunday we woke up and cleaned the house (whew!), then went to play kickball. This time I put no pressure on myself and had so much fun that I actually want to go again. We lost by only one run to a very well ranked team. We are quite good, and yes, we all need to learn how to kick. However, I've noticed that it doesn't matter how good you are at kicking, the results are completely random. The worst kicker can get home, or the best can strike out. Kickball is not like softball or baseball when there is required coordination. With kickball, just being able to make contact with the large and cumbersome, ball that is traveling at a rather high speed is an accomplishment. I think knowing that will make the game much more fun for all.

Back outside...the rain has stopped.

No comments: