Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sup?

Check out my footer, five random photos, different everytime you load the page. Now, that's innovative. Pardon my revisions, I'm going through another change, and the blog follows.

Well, another day at work, and I've realized that S and I have completely reversed roles. I now work about 6 hours a day. He works 9 hours, then to class, then sometimes to band practice. It's an interesting mix-up.

So, the City has decided to fix a hole that appeared about 1.5 years ago, only 1.5 feet in diameter, but dangerously located in the middle of the street. It reappeared twice after the first fix (which took two weeks), and finally, they've decided to get serious about it. Now, they've cut a 8 x 8 foot hole. I'm curious to see what this amounts to, hopefully a fix, likely a retirement fund for the city worker assigned to it. The exciting part is that I now live on a street that is closed to thru traffic.

More sanding and scraping and cleaning and prepping today. I had planned on priming today, but decided the best plan would be to get all the dirty work done first. So, now just to paint. I do hate oil paint, gives me a headache every time.

Last night I worked later than I intended, missing kickball practice. S was also working late so I met him downtown for sushi at Yuki's, the best sushi I've had since Nanaimo. I was incredibly impressed with the sushi on Vancouver Island. Which reminded me somehow that I was the only one that swam in the ocean while on vacation.

Boring, I know, but I kinda like my life at the moment. Now I'm off to walk the dog and get my exercise.

No comments: